Amman, Jordan. May 14-16, 2012
Final Paper Preparation and Submission Instructions
Congratulations for the acceptance of your paper/poster for publication in the proceedings of the 2012 International Conference on Computer, Information and Telecommunication Systems
to be held on May 14-16, 2012, in Amman, Jordan.
The following information is provided to help you in the preparation and submission of your final paper as it will be published in the proceedings of CITS 2012. Please follow all STEPs to insure the submission process is completed successfully.
STEP 1: Important Dates:
- At least one author per paper must pay the registration fee by March 30, 2012 (HARD). Registration is required for the publication of your paper; failure to register will result in your paper being removed from the proceedings.
- Final manuscripts must be submitted by March 30, 2012 (HARD).
STEP 2: Formatting Your Paper
The papers of CITS 2012 will be electronically published by IEEE Xplore. This means that accepted papers must exactly fulfil the IEEE requirements regarding the final submitted version. The maximum length is 5 pages. Extra pages will be charged extra fees.
Please follow strictly the following steps:
- Modify your paper according the reviewers comments and generate the Camera-Ready version of your paper using one of these NEW templates (please use A4 paper size templates, no page numbers, no headers, no footers)
- Generate a PDF version of your Camera-Ready paper from step 1 and validate it using the PDF eXpress tool. (You can also use PDF eXpress tool to generate the PDF version). Please go to the IEEE PDF eXpress site at http://www.pdf-express.org/:
Previous users, but using it the first time for a new conference:
- Click "New Users – Click Here".
- Enter cits12x for the Conference ID, your email address, and choose a new password. Continue to enter information as prompted.
- Check that the contact information is still valid, and click "Submit".
- Enter cits12x for the Conference ID, your email address, and enter the password you used for your old account.
- When you click "Login", you'll receive an error saying you need to set up an account. Simply click "Continue". By entering your previously used email address and password combination, you will enable your old account for access to this new conference.
- You will receive online and email confirmation of successful account setup.
For each conference paper, click "Create New Title".
Enter identifying text for the paper (title is recommended but not required).
Click "Submit PDF for Checking" or "Submit Source Files for Conversion"
Indicate platform, source file type (if applicable), click Browse and navigate to file, and click "Upload File". You will receive online and email confirmation of successful upload.
You will receive an email with your Checked PDF or IEEE PDF eXpress-converted PDF attached. If you submitted a PDF for Checking, the email will show if your file passed or failed.
If the PDF submitted fails the PDF check:
- Enter cits12x for the Conference ID, email address and password.
If you are not satisfied with the IEEE PDF eXpress-converted PDF:
- Submit your source file for conversion by clicking Try again, then Submit Source Files for conversion, or,
- Read the PDF Check report, then click "The PDF Check Report" in the sidebar to get information on possible solutions or,
- "Request Technical Help" through your account.
If the PDF submitted passed the PDF Check, or you are satisfied with your IEEE PDF eXpress-converted PDF:
- Resubmit your source file with corrections (Try again, then Submit Source Files for Conversion), or,
- Submit a PDF by clicking Try again, then Submit PDF for Checking, or,
- "Request a Manual Conversion" through your account.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact your editor or the IEEE PDF help desk at PDFsupport@ieee.org . .
- Please submitt your IEEE Xplore compatible pdf received by email from IEEE pdf eXpress, by following the next steps.
Very important note: PDF eXpress is not a file submission system and does not capture files. An author's file simply passes through the system returning a PDF file or an error
report. After using PDF eXpress you will still need to submit the IEEE Xplore-compatible PDF file of your final paper later in this publication submission process (see Step 5).
ATTENTION: Papers not using the right template or that do not pass the IEEE PDF eXpress checklist will be excluded from the conference and the proceedings.
STEP 3: Renaming your PDF File for Submission
Once your paper has been converted into an IEEE Xplore-compatible PDF file, you will need to rename your file for final submission as follows:
Paper with EDAS number:
Paper name: 1234567890_surname.pdf
where 1234567890 is your EDAS paper number (contained in the acknowledgement message to your submission) and surname is the author last name.
Example: If author John Brown has EDAS paper number 1234567890 accepted, the names of the files should be:
STEP 4: Submitting a Signed Copyright Release Form
Copyright Form: Every CITS 2012 paper accepted for presentation and publication MUST have attached to it an IEEE Copyright transfer form. You are required to submit the IEEE Copyright transfer form by March 30, 2012. Failure to submit the IEEE Copyright transfer form by the deadline will result in an automatic withdrawal of your paper for presentation and publication.
Please follow the steps below to submit your IEEE Copyright transfer form electronically:
1.Please fill-out, sign and scan the following IEEE copyright release form (pdf form). You will need to include:
- Paper's full title
- All authors names
- Conference title: 2012 International Conference on Computer, Information and Telecommunication Systems.
- Signature (on appropriate line)
2. Go to the on-line submission system EDAS and log-in using your EDAS account (this should be the same account you have used to submit the initial and final papers). Your username will be your email. If you cannot remember your password then ask EDAS to email it to you by following the link EDAS PASSWORD REMINDER.
3. Click on the "My Papers" menu item at the top of the page. This will produce a list of all your papers on the EDAS system.
4. Click on the title of the paper that you want to submit the copyright form for. This will take you to the individual paper page that contains all details of the paper.
5.Click on the icon within the "Copyright form" field. This will take you to a new page.
6. Upload the scanned copyright form filling the field "File name for scanned copyright form" with the file path and click "Record copyright" button.
STEP 5: Final Paper and File Submission.
Final Paper Submission: You are required to submit the IEEE Xplore-compliant PDF file of your final paper by March 30, 2012 (HARD). Failure to meet the deadline will result in an automatic withdrawal of your paper for presentation and publication.
Please follow the steps below to submit your final paper electronically:
- Go to the on-line submission system EDAS and log-in using your EDAS account (this should be the same account you have used to submit the initial paper proposal). Your username will be your email. If you cannot remember your password then ask EDAS to email it to you by following the link EDAS PASSWORD REMINDER.
- Click on the "My Papers" menu item at the top of the page. This will produce a list of all your papers on the EDAS system.
- Click on the title of the paper that you want to submit. This will take you to the individual paper page that contains all details of the paper.
- Make sure that all author information are stored correctly on EDAS and matches the information on the PDF file. Author information (e.g. names, affiliations, etc.) that will appear in conference publications and materials (e.g. Proceedings, CD-ROM, badges, etc.) will be taken from the EDAS system and not from the submitted PDF file. In particular:
- Make sure that ALL paper authors are included on the author list on EDAS. If you need to add/delete an author then click on the "Add Author" icon within the "Authors" field
- Make sure that the order of authors on EDAS is correct. If you need to change the order of authors then click on the "Move Author Up" and "Move Author Down" icons within the "Authors" field.
- Make sure that all authors update their profile (affiliation, email, country, etc.) on the EDAS system. To achieve this, the author needs to log-in to his/her EDAS account and click on the "My Profile" menu at the the top of the page.
- Make sure that all paper information are stored correctly on EDAS and matches the information on the PDF file. Paper information (title, abstract, keywords) that will appear in conference publications (e.g. book of abstracts, proceedings, CD-ROM, etc.) will be taken from the EDAS system and not from the submitted PDF file. If you need to modify paper information then click on the "Edit" icon next to the "Title" / "Abstract" / "Keywords" field.
- Click on the "Upload Manuscript" icon within the "Final Manuscript" field. This will take you to a new page. Click on the "Browse" button and browse to your IEEE Xplore-compliant final PDF file. Click on the "Upload Manuscript" button to upload the selected file to the system. Depending on the size of your file and your internet connection speed, the file upload may take a few minutes. If the file is uploaded successfully then a confirmation message will be displayed. You will also receive an e-mail confirmation with the details of your submission. If you do not see the confirmation page after uploading your file, you may not have successfully completed your file upload. If you encounter trouble, please contact the conference secretariat.
Final Paper Inspection: Similar to the proposal submission, your final document will be checked to ensure that it meets all formatting and compatibility requirements to be included in a visually pleasing and IEEE Xplore-compliant proceedings. If we encounter errors in the appearance or compatibility of your document file, you will be contacted by email.